Sunday, May 3, 2009

the long weekend

God's Big Backyard

we already finished our first four days of Vacation Bible School in our church today with the theme - God's Big Backyard. : ) where kids have a blast serving Jesus. we still have one last day next Sunday. i played with the band for the first two days and it went well. seeing the kids singing and dancing for the Lord just makes my heart smile. and they are so cute when they put their hands on their chest and pray together with the teachers. : ) we have story telling, games, memorizing of Bible verses, and crafts. there are five sites in all, and each class go to different sites per day. : )


***

while im typing this, im talking with a friend online about some things. im glad that i can open up a lot to her, and her insights are really inspiring. she told me that being consecrated, or consecrating something, doesn't mean you won't get irritated, it's moment by moment just submitting the situation and yourself (emotions and thoughts) to the Lord, especially during the moments when it's hardest. *if you're reading this, i just want to let you know how thankful and proud i am to have a friend like you. : )


these past few days, there are some times when i just feel down and sad. without any reason. like there's nothing wrong but im still not feeling okay. then when you think that you're okay, you'll see things that'd just break your heart. i feel like something suddenly stole my faith away, blinded me completely, and left me broken wholly. im tired of feeling like this, and i know that maybe it's just me.. help me, Lord. like what my friend said, there's no other way out.. so which will you choose, to walk through this with or without the Lord?


***

another Sunday evening, that would lead to Mondays again. which means it's time to go back to work again.


another week. another set of trials. please pray for me. thanks in advance. goodnight!! : )

2 comments:

Princesa Candy said...

"I've watched the wind blow hard against you
And I have seen your faith get weakened by the pain
And I want you to know that I will be prayin for you
To hold on

Don't let the fire die
The flame has been dimmed by the tears that you cry
But I can still see the spark of His love in your eye
So don't let the fire, please don't let the fire die"

-- Steven Curtis Chapman

dabi said...

thanks candy :)