Monday, October 12, 2009

a year older.

yesterday, i turned 22.

i saw it coming. but im scared of what the day will bring. of course, i won't celebrate it with D anymore so that's a BIG change for me. and honestly, it makes me sad and makes me wanna skip my birthday.


during Saturday, i went out with Grace and we had cellophane together at Jesi. :) we ate lunch at Tempura and Dustin followed us after finishing his work. :) we walked around looking for a nice bag but got nothing. i only bought myself a book - The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. a friend told me it's a good read. :) we had yummy Halo-Halo and Palabok at Razon's before coming home. :)


when i came home, our guard gave me a paperbag with a gift from Alda. :) i also saw a huge cabinet the moment i entered the door. it's the one i've been secretly dreaming of buying - becuase my clothes are all over our house, some in a small cabinet outside, a part in my brother's cabinet, and some in Hannah's room. the cabinet is a gift from my Aunt. :) so now, i have my own place. hehe. :)


Sunday morning, im blessed that i was assigned to play the piano for our Sunday School and Youth fellowship. what a great way to serve the Lord. :) a lot of people texted me during midnight, some wrote on my Facebook wall, and others wished me a happy birthday at church. even some of my students. :) my small cousins each drew a card for me. :) i also received four cakes! WOW. and im eating one now while doing this entry. :)


my whole family had dinner together at Mann Hann San Juan. :) i love the place, it's so modern with high ceilings. :) it's just across Sandy's Pizza. the food is really good, but the company is so much better. :)


im so overwhelmed by the love and effort shown by everyone. i know that they knew that this day is hard for me.. but they all made it extra special. it's not the gifts that matter, but it's the thought that counts. :) i sure don't deserve all the love im receiving, and i have nothing but gratitude for all of you. yes you, who religously read my blog. haha. ;) i know im boring lately, i hope i can make it up to you. ;)
at the end of the day, i know that i've got family and friends, and yes, God, and it's all that matters. :)

though i don't know what the year ahead holds for me, but i know that as long as God holds my hand, i can walk boldly, eyes wide open, and i'll finish this race. :)


***

"The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it."

-1 Thessalonians 5 : 24

No comments: